Clarity Challenge 10 – Scene building
I had a few candles left over after our crafty afty on the 23rd November which was why I then had a play with the Barbara’s scene building techniques and was so pleased with the the way it turned out I actually made my first blog tutorial on it too.
These stamping techniques are something I am just getting to grips with, Barbara and her design team say it is easy and make it look so easy, when you stop just watching and actually have a go you find out that it is, if not quite as easy as it looks, easier than you think to get a reasonable result. Obviously it will take a lot more practice to get the perspectives right and the way the inks are blended and built up but I am happy with what I have been able to achieve so far and look forward to many,many more practice sessions.
This month’s challenge gave me the chance to have another go at the technique, and as I still had some candles….. ( I will have a set of these on the mantelpiece by Christmas) just tried to take it a step further and also attempted the use of embossing powder on the star as Barbara demonstrated on her candle blog post in November.
I used distress inks as I do not yet have any Adirondacks (this will be remedied in the new year) the colours I used were chipped sapphire,squeezed lemonade, black soot and evergreen bough along with archival black for the silhouettes. The tissue paper was some I found that had been used for packing which had a silver glitter fleck in it (never throw anything away), a quick iron to get rid of the creases , perfect.
The cat stamp was my first ever clarity purchase and has become a favourite that I have used it so many times. Thank you